Marathons

Nov 2011 Savannah, GA 4:38
Dec 2010 Jacksonville, FL 4:22
Feb 2010 New Orleans, LA 4:10
Jan 2010 Mobile, AL 4:07
May 2009 Burlington, VT 4:54
Oct 2004 Portland, ME 3:57


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November in Bama

Ok, so a quick update on life here in LA(Lower Alabama)!

Created my own web site this morning and will continue to update it with pictures, recipes, and family happenings. I enjoy using all this new technology and I want to preserve all of this information for later generations. It is also a way for me to keep in touch with others who live away from the sunny south. lol!

I really would like to start writing in the blog at least on a weekly basis-sometimes I think that it is necessary to write or create a clever new post when in actuality it is probably better to just add a new picture or write about a new headline or update folks about the marathon training! So I will try to get better at this!

Halloween came and went. Next year I would like to host a Costume Party and decorate the house more. Sarah and I walked around the development with some friends and their children and we got to see some great decorations. It was so much fun to be able to see children being able to trick or treat in a development setting with temps in the high 60s. Made me think about rural Maine and the colder temps for the grandkids. Can't wait to see their costumes in the pictures Kristin sends me.

Now, the marathon training update! Injuries are trying to stop me but I am managing. Had a great first 3 weeks and then while hiking AND running in Tennessee I had the first twinges of plantar fasciitis in left foot and then the left Achilles tendonitis settled in. I am now sidelined for this week and hoping that rest and deep tissue massage will do its magic. December 19th looms large!

No comments: