Marathons

Nov 2011 Savannah, GA 4:38
Dec 2010 Jacksonville, FL 4:22
Feb 2010 New Orleans, LA 4:10
Jan 2010 Mobile, AL 4:07
May 2009 Burlington, VT 4:54
Oct 2004 Portland, ME 3:57


Monday, September 13, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Miss Maine

10. Hiking-up real mountains. Bama's highest peak is just over 2,000' and we are used to NH and Maine's rugged 4,000' peaks.


9. Supporting WHS athletics!


8. Biking Routes in Maine-Bama is not a real friendly place for biking although Smart Coast is trying to raise awareness. Favorite route right now is Gulf Shores.


7.The few times a year of enjoying the snow -mainly the skiing and snowshoeing. Sugarloaf and Sunday River are two favorites.


6. Dunkin' Donuts and Dairy Queen-two of my favorites! I always get coffee and a Blizzard when I go home.


5. Living right behind Shaws-getting groceries or one item that I need to go buy is harder here.


4. My kitchen in the old house-it had a magnificent island and lots of cupboard space.


3. Cousins Week End- Even though I made it in 2009, BP hasn't gotten there for 2 years in a row and I hope we make it in 2011!


2. A White Christmas!  It does seem odd to have it so warm here all through the winter.  Last New Years Eve day it was 70!


1. Family and Friends!  Especially the grand babies because they grow soooo fast and are starting school, etc.Of course Kristin and Tylor, Mom and Dad, my former colleagues and many many dear friends.

No comments: