Marathons

Nov 2011 Savannah, GA 4:38
Dec 2010 Jacksonville, FL 4:22
Feb 2010 New Orleans, LA 4:10
Jan 2010 Mobile, AL 4:07
May 2009 Burlington, VT 4:54
Oct 2004 Portland, ME 3:57


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Words

or rants or just ramblings

First of all I have had 3 good runs in a row which really calls for a celebration of sorts! Yesterday, the 5 miles felt good but I did realize that I should have started the run earlier.  The sun and humidity showed up earlier than I wished it had.

And so, with that in mind, last night I watched the weather forecast to see what was in store today



That of course, might seem to most to be hot when in fact that is cooler temps for us Bamians! However, I like to run around 70 or cooler so when you back up this hour by hour forecast, you realize that by 8 it will be 75 and they used the word "HUMIDITY" several times! Yikes!  So, I went to bed early hoping to wake up early and get the run out of the way.  After all, it was 8 miles.





????  No, it went like clockwork! I woke up at 5:00 and of course became instantly wide awake, knowing that I needed to get running.  Funny how that happens.  So I hit the pavement at 5:30 and how nice to be at the computer, run all finished.  I have discovered that about myself.  I AM a morning runner?! No other way around it.  I enjoy watching and hearing the world awaken.  Other good news?  Cooler temps and less humidity for the week-end! Yippee!


Now, look what I found that I hope to get for Christmas.  I already pasted the picture on FB and alerted my husband to that fact.  Hope he remembers.  Will need to remind him several more times I  am sure.



There is a story behind this of course! As I ran the First Light, a marathon here in Mobile (Jan 2010), I was joined during the run by a talkative man.  I am not much of a talker (while running).  Real life, now look out! But, as we ran up a long stretch at about mile 18 he said that it still looked like I had good form and was doing a great job. And, of course, I thought, yeah well I guess not too shabby and I am keeping up with this guy.  Anyhow, in the next sentence, he tells me he just did Jackson, Miss the day before.  Well, okay dokey, now I maybe am not feeling like I am doing as well.  Lol:)  Anyway, this guy had done a marathon in ALL 50 states and was starting over?!!!!  Incredible. 

 So, of course, it started me thinking- as if I need another crazy goal in my life, but...maybe 1 in each state was doable.  So, I have completed 5 in 5 different states.  A 6th signed up for and maybe 2 more on the horizon in the early part of 2012.  My husband just shakes his head and says it can't be done. Not enough time for me to do it. But where's the harm in trying, right?  Must have the XMas ornament!

So, any crazy goal oriented folks out there?

What is your favorite running time?




2 comments:

ltlindian said...

I try try try so hard to be a morning runner. It makes sense and all being a parent that I should get up at the ass crack of dawn and be all done before the cherubs even awake. But I just can't do it. I just can't. I can barely even get myself up on race day. In fact, I'm a little worried about getting to portland in time for the 7:45 a.m. race start for the 1/2. ugh. That means getting up at 5. at least!

If I weren't working, I would choose 8-9ish to run, but with my schedule as it is, my favorite time is running while the kids eat dinner. 6-7 p.m. Which is also getting harder as it's getting darker earlier.

Lisa said...

3 good runs in a row is definite cause for celebration!!

Love the ornament and the goal. Go for it!!